Thursday, December 2, 2010

The gifts are coming along......

So far my list for handmade gifts is looking pretty good. Of course I'd like to be further ahead on some projects, but over all I'm feeling ok about my time.

One of the bigger projects for the kids is a new kitchen set. I've been really inspired by some DIY ones I've seen around the blogs for a while now, and decided to try my hand at it. The Mr. and I literally picked this dresser up from the side of the road the other week. *Free is always a win.* We took it to my parent’s house over Thanksgiving to utilize my dad’s tools. So far all the major cuts have been made. I've just got to sand the whole thing down, paint, and put it back together again. 

Of course the first step to those things will be getting it out of the back of the van. 
Maybe tonight :)


I've also started working on some felt food to stock the new kitchen with. I'm love with this bow tie pasta. So fun.!


Some thrifting over the weekend led to some cute plates for said felt food. And some vintage fabric that will either be napkins or a curtain.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some more of the food made tonight. For some reason I've got an undeniable urge to watch the Lord of The Rings. So I'll definitely be up late.

Until next time.....
~Kayte

1 comment:

  1. I thought that pasta was real! How fun. I thought about making a kitchen out of my parents' old TV cabinet -- but realized it would be much too big for our small apartment! Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete