Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Countdown


Now that we're 5 days out from Halloween my free time has been completely taken over by prep work for our party. Costumes still need finishing touches and the list of crafty decorations I planned to make seems to be getting longer instead of shorter. I love it though. Being a terrible procrastinator by nature has trained me to enjoy working under pressure. For some reason it’s just more exciting for me that way.

Of course it helps that I’m really relaxed after spending the weekend in PA with the kids and my sister. My parents were away celebrating their 26th wedding anniversary. 

*Congratulations by the way, mom and dad!*

 So the kids and I hung out with Aunt R and helped take care of the horses. Well we were supposed to help anyway.

I had also packed up the van with all manner of crafty stuff and my sewing machine, hoping to bribe my sister into helping me work on some projects. This usually works if I offer to make late night snacks for us and turn on The Office.

Somehow though we got sidetracked and ended up spending Saturday night playing dress up. Yes, two grown women can get caught up playing dress up, and I admit it was the most fun I’d had in a while. We tested out our Halloween looks and just joked around. Incidentally the pictures we took of this revelry are what inspired my new Halloween banner. Do you like?

And since Sunday was such a beautiful day it was spent playing around outside. Of course I tried to get the kids to stand still long enough to take some new pictures of them; it didn’t go exactly as planned. Every time I tried to get them to hold still they would break out in fits of giggles.Which would get me laughing, then we'd forget about the pictures for another few minutes. But here are a few good ones.






We drove home yesterday and took our sweet time, with the windows rolled down listening to the new Kings of Leon album. Were all fans of southern rock, Ezra especially. Even better was coming home to a nice clean house; thanks to the Mr. I think he was bored while we were gone. Not that I’m complaining.

OK back to work. I want to get school done early today so we can get outside and finally carve our pumpkins.

Until next time.......
~Kayte

1 comment:

  1. I love the hug picture. We have been spending a lot of time outside too. It has been beautiful in afternoon each day this week.

    ReplyDelete