Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oh camera of mine, what terrible fate has befallen you?

I love my camera. And if you've been following my blog you can no doubt tell that it's with me all the time. I just genuinely enjoy taking pictures; of my kids especially. But today my poor camera has had an accident.


It's never good when your three year old whispers in your ear that the camera is broken.

Apparently Mateos was being a little too rowdy in the office this afternoon and knocked the camera over onto the floor. I have no idea yet if it's fixable or if I'll need to replace it. Either way I'm missing it already.

But I'm looking at this as a perfect chance to model right responses to the kids. My first instinct was to freak out when I saw the camera lying on the floor. I just stood there for a minute wanting to cry but somehow I kept it together. I may have gotten a little weepy on the phone with the Mr. Later, but the kids saw me composed, which I'm thankful for.

Now it will be a challenge for me to see how much I can document with my camera phone :)

Until next time.....
~Kayte

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kayte, I'm so impressed you managed to respond so well! I'm not sure I could have kept it together (particularly if I had a camera as nice as yours!). I'm always a little conflicted in situations like this. On the one hand I want to teach our children that things are just things and are not as important as people. On the other hand, I want them to learn to treat our possessions with respect and not have that throw-away mentality that comes with living in our consumer culture -- you know, that No big deal we'll just buy a new one kind of thinking.

    ReplyDelete