Tuesday, November 23, 2010

stART - What happens in November?


This week for our story + art project we read "In November by Cynthia Rylant"


Now, I usually set out a selection of books for the kids to choose from when we do a stART project. But this week I really wanted to do this book. So mom got to choose. It's a sweet story about what happens in November. From the animals burrowing down to families getting together to share a special meal. What really drew me to this book though was the beautiful illustration of Jill Kastner. The pictures were so lovely and inspiring that we each made a painting of our own about the wonderful month of November.





And in other, slightly off topic news. I have my camera back!! The body of the camera ended up being fine, it was only the lens that was broken.  Still not the cheapest thing to need replacing but better than a whole new camera. So I'm thankful for that.

Until next time.....
~Kayte

4 comments:

  1. This looks great! Cynthia Rylant is a favorite of mine. The arwork is wonderful.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for participating in our Cornucopia of Blog Hops! I'm now following you! :)
    ~Erika
    Musings From a Stay At Home Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I am following back:)
    Little Foot
    Www.bigfoottribe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girl looks very happy with her drawing.
    Today I put to my girl a new shirt that I drawed, and is dirty now :( she painted :(

    ReplyDelete